SEAN Williams, who won the player of the tournament award, is one of three Zimbabwean stars named in the ICC World Cup Qualifier 2023 Team of the Tournament.
Williams finished the tournament as its top run scorer with 600 runs.
Sikandar Raza and Richard Ngarava also made the team of the tournament.
Raza hit a stunning 52-ball hundred to inspire the Chevrons to victory against the Netherlands, while also posting figures of four for 55 with the ball.
The 37-year-old starred as Zimbabwe beat West Indies, picking up his second Player of the Match award of the tournament.
Raza’s 325 tournament runs is just 11 more than the next player selected in the team, with Netherlands captain Scott Edwards also taking the gloves.
ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023 Team of the Tournament
1. Pathum Nissanka (Sri Lanka) 417 runs at 69.50
2. Vikramjit Singh (Netherlands) 326 runs at 40.75 and six wickets
3. Brandon McMullen (Scotland) 364 runs at 52.00 and 13 wickets at 17.52
4. Sean Williams (Zimbabwe) 600 runs at 100.00 and three wickets
5. Bas de Leede (Netherlands) 285 runs at 47.50 and 15 wickets at 22.13
6. Sikandar Raza (Zimbabwe) 325 runs at 65.00 and nine wickets at 29.77
7. Scott Edwards (Netherlands) 314 runs at 62.80
8. Wanindu Hasaranga (Sri Lanka) 22 wickets at 12.90
9. Maheesh Theekshana (Sri Lanka) 21 wickets at 12.23
10. Chris Sole (Scotland) 11 wickets at 25.00
11. Richard Ngarava (Zimbabwe) 14 wickets at 19.28
– Sports Reporter/ICC