Chinhoyi Minor D!es From Electrocution

A two-year-old boy from Portlet Farm in Chinhoyi was last week electrocuted after inserting a steel nail into a live electricity socket.

The boy, identified by police as Leeroy Linnel Sakatero, is said to have also tried to lick the nail with his tongue last Wednesday afternoon.

Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Provincial spokesperson, Inspector Margaret Chitove confirmed the tragic incident.

“Police confirm a case of sudden d€ath by electrocution which occurred on September 13, 2023, at Plot 10, Portlet Farm, Chinhoyi in which a male infant died in his parents’ bedroom.”

The police said the child’s mother, Nomsa Tembo (26), was outside the house doing other chores when the tragedy occurred.

The body was taken to Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital mortuary.

Inspector Chitove urged parents and guardians to jealously guard minors against harm by putting security around dangerous points, gadgets, or objects. Herald

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button